I am surprised there aren’t more negative reviews on here, although after the stress I’ve suffered, I have to admit I didn’t want to spend another minute thinking about how much I wished I didn’t have to deal with these people.Kristen Richards is the worst realtor I’ve ever encountered, and we’ve moved many times (Clearwater to NY, NY to Tampa, Tampa to Denver, Denver to Tampa, Tampa to Orlando, and Orlando to Tampa).

Stay away from her and Keller Williams of South Tampa, who will not make things right when she does things wrong. Specifically, among other things, their realty failed to provide required items for the home they sold. Her broker, Pat Kuhn, agreed the items were to supposed be provided, and recognized that they never were. The purchased home is in a gated community with a community mailbox and a security gate.

Kristen Richards claimed to have provided the necessary mailbox keys and a security gate remote, claiming she left them in a kitchen drawer. The items were not there and were not provided at closing. The only key we ever received was a key to the front door, which we took from the hanging lockbox the morning of the closing. We kept the key after our final walkthrough, at which time we noted the absence of any keys to the mailbox (and the fact that no one told us the associated community mailbox number) and the missing security gate remote.

The home was not a short sale or foreclosure, there was no excuse for the missing items. When the items were not provided at rhw closing, we called to obtain the items. Kristen lied, dismissing us, saying the items were in the drawer (they were not) and she completely washed her hands of the matter. Her broker, Pat Kuhn, agreed we were entitled to these items.

She said wanted to help resolve the matter since she was the broker of record, but her help came with unacceptable conditions. Regarding the mail, we were told the owner didn’t recall which mailbox was his (they use a numbering system unrelated to the home’s address) and his tenants were now unreachable. Keller Williams said there was nothing they could do for us, but the mailbox information and those keys should have been secured when the listing was obtained, not after the closing… or never. After weeks of pleading for help to gain access to our mail, and constant delays in returning our emails or calls, we ultimately received assistance through USPS.com.

It wasn’t until 3 weeks after closing that the box was finally rekeyed and we were able to retrieve our mail. The security gate remote was never provided. Pat Kuhn said KW would offer us $150 (to cover the costs involved for us to do their job for them), if we signed their required hold harmless agreement. At first it seemed she was being helpful, however the language of their required agreement is ridiculous.

In order to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining the items we should have been provided in the first place, we needed to agree to “hold harmless Keller Williams Realty, it’s (yes, their legal team used the wrong "its" on their standard form) principles and agents from any and all claims, lawsuits, demands and liability pertaining to the purchase and closing of said property, and/or litigation arising out of Kristen Richard’s actions in connection to the purchase.” Basically they absolved themselves of any and all current and future responsibility for anything if we wanted them to provide the items they should have provided in the first place. The cost of the mailbox rekey was $25, the cost for a gate remote was $30. Kristen Richards and Pat Kuhn at Keller Williams earned a nice commission, but they didn’t have the professional courtesy or ethical standards to do the right thing. This was a small and inexpensive problem that became an annoying and lengthy nightmare.

If you can’t trust them to do the right thing when a problem is relatively minor ($55), how can you trust them to do what is right with something as major as your home purchase?Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Review about: Keller Williams Realty Home Buying.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Keller Williams Realty?

Comments

I'm not a real estate agent, but you sound like an unpleasant person to work with. They tried to reimburse you. What more do you want?

to Anonymous Tampa, Florida, United States #1324305

I'm not a real estate agent, but you sound like an unpleasant person who will deny having ties to Keller Williams.KW did not try to reimburse us, they tried to wash their hands of Kristen Richards.

Reimbursement is easy. They could have made a check out directly to the Westchase HOA and paid for the missing item. They could have handled the post office box rekeying and paid for it directly as well. They didn't deliver the required items, which was their job.

They had choices, but they bailed. What do I want? I want ethical professionals who do the job they are paid to do.

I want a realtor who delivers items that should be delivered.I didn't find those things at Keller Williams of South Tampa.