Van Nuys, California

I have an agent and broker with Keller Williams. I listed Dec 14th to sell my home.

Two weeks in I agreed to a price reduction on my listing. The agent them requested I listed as a price range and I agreed. During the re-list process I received an email from the agent stating she no longer wanted to be involved with the sell. I stated ok just send over the cancellation.

Due to the fact my hike was listed during the holidays she barely did much to sell my home. She stated one weekend was her birthday the next she was out of town and the next was super bowl weekend. I had no idea she wanted to back out but I respected her decision due toe already feeling she was doing bare minimum. My problem here is that in the cancellation she attached a 30% fee.

For what!? If she is the one cancelling just let my property go. This seems like a scam. You worked on my property for less than a month and then cancelled and then want a commission?

I spoke with the broker, well actually they never return phone calls but keep responding via email stating I either keep them at the commission they are requesting, pay the the 30% referral fee or they will hold the property until the contract expires. This seems so wrong on so many levels. I can’t get any type of call back but only receive what seems to me a demand letter. I have all of the correspondence between myself and the agent and broker.

This is my first interaction with Keller Williams and it will be my last. I’ve done nothing wrong but want the best for my selling process. Even when I found a new agent they won’t call her back to complete the referral process. This needs to happen ASAP.

I’m trying to deal with this at the level of Keller Williams but if I need to escalate it I will.

Hope this finds whomever is reading this well. I’m just asking for my property to be released especially if the cancellation is coming from the agent.

Product or Service Mentioned: Keller Williams Realty Property Listing.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments