Update by user Aug 03

A typo in the review (the House was not professionally inspected. A professional engineer was engaged to look at another potential issue with windows.

we think the agent opened the windows to air the house out as to hide the smell and that she did not close them properly. There is a fine line between selling a house aggressively and handing a problem.

from our perspective this line was crossed.. to hide a material issue,

Update by user Aug 03

Not realy

Original review posted by user Aug 03

As a homebuyer we caught a selling agent airing out a stinky house overnight so nobody would find out, even the inspector. If it wasn’t for us doing a surprise walkthrough without the agent present we would have closed with a big defect which was known but not disclosed.. The first time I refused to close by breaking the contract.

I was tempted to to tie the he house up in a legal dispute to recover my earnest money, the right business decision was to take a small hit and move on. The icing on the cake is That the real estate agent in Florida winds up getting some of the deposit. Worse you waive your right to sue the agent to close the issue. There’s no doubt to me that Floridian system of real estate closure encourages these kinds of Shenanigans. On the other hand closing in Florida real estate is more cost-efficient then it is in New York.

In the long run it’s cheaper to walk away from a bad deal, smelly house, and a stinky agent and agency.

Don’t use this company as either a buyer or seller.

Reason of review: Lack of ethics.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 03.

Comments

Looks like the house in question is once again "back on the market" Glad I did not fall into the trap of closing on this "red flag" sort of property. Back on market Pending sale Back on market Pending sale Listed for sale